Saturday, October 4, 2008

Swim class - fun for the WHOLE family

We just finished Morgan's 3rd round of swim classes and this time Adrienne got in on the fun too. We go 3 times a week for 3 weeks. It always seems like a lot of work as I'm trying to get the girls around and on the road in time to pick Dave up from work and get to class in time. Once we're there it is worth it. Morgan LOVES it! I can't believe how much she has improved since our last round. She will go under on her own without tears. And here is the big one - she does the back float, on her own! I'm really proud of her.

I can't believe how much she has improved since our last round. She will go under on her own ... without tears. And here is the big one - she does the back float ... on her own! I'm really proud of her. I'm sure it helped that we spent quite a bit of time at our neighbor's pool this summer. The girls taught her how to play "Ring around the rosy ... " and when they "all fall down" they go under water. She always loved the end of class when she got to put on the floaties. That meant she could swim all by herself.

Adrienne did great with the classes. She really liked being in the water. The babies do a "frog kick," which you will see in the video. By the end of the classes she understood what it meant when Dave told her to "kick - kick - kick". And of course she loved just splashing around. At her age it's all about her being comfortable in the water.

At the last class the teacher brought a little slide. Of course the kids had fun with that.


On the last day the teacher also gives all the kids a little pack of goodies and certificates of participation. Morgan loved that and Adrienne was just happy to play with the bag.

So that is that for swim class for a while.

I have to admit,

I am looking forward to having our evenings free again.

No comments: