Saturday, November 8, 2008

Morgan's birthday party

I have always (all three yrs of her life) had fun planning Morgan's birthday parties. I was up way too late the night before her party decorating her cake and filling the house with balloons and all the birthday party essentials. I'm glad I did, because having her wake up on her birthday to a "party" house was worth all the lack of sleep, and then some. As soon as she headed down the stairs she shouted "Look mama, balloons!" She then proceeded to run through the house looking at the decorations saying over and over "Thank you mama! Thank you! I love it!"
You can't get better then that.



This is the first year that I was able to ask her what kind of party she wanted. Her response was "purple". She also told me at one point that she wanted a frog cake with a purple bow on it. I thought it was a little random since she doesn't seem to be excited about frogs. Well, as her birthday got closer and people asked her what kind of cake she was going to have the frog came up again. So I googled it and gave it my best shot. It's not perfect, but I've learned to be OK with that. :) She LOVED it and that is all that matters. Oh and that it tasted really good. That counts too. :)
Our family pancake kings, Grandpa Chupp and Dave, were happy to serve us up some of Morgan's favorite food. They also sweet talked uncle Steve into making the eggs. Thanks for your help guys. It was super yummy!

After we were all stuffed full of pancakes we brought on the gifts. Morgan has recently entered the "princess" stage. However I like to call it the "pretty lady" stage for Morgan because she always wants to dress up like a pretty lady. That also doesn't make me cringe quite like princess does. Well, Morgan's dress up box went from a few things to overflowing after opening her gifts. Here she is sporting some of the goods.
Every pretty lady needs lip gloss right? Morgan is no exception. Thanks to her aunt Sarah she has everything she needs and more to spice up her lips and nails.
The little girls were also fascinated with the pretty things. Grace already has an obsession with shoes so she was loving it. Adrienne was happy just chewing on them, but Grace actually tried them on and took them for a spin,
with Grandma's help of course.
Morgan also got her first dollhouse and several really good books. The new books have quickly become her favorites. I think it's funny how she goes in phases of books, asking to read the same few over and over again. Even though we were all still full of pancakes we brought out the party hats for some cake and ice cream.
We had a great day. Morgan loved being surrounded by her grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.
Thanks for helping us celebrate!

3 comments:

Hilary said...

Great cake, Sara! You are seriously becoming quite the Martha. Morgan looks SOOO happy! And, I agree, I'm not a huge fan of wanting to be a princess...and that is what Dylan is declaring she wants to be already for Halloween next year...so maybe I'll try to convince her to do the pretty lady thing.

tiffany said...

super cute! i understand how you feel about "princess." i kind of cringed at that when jeneva started getting into the princess scene too. she certainly loves to dress up though and it is fun!

Jo said...

Looks like Morgan had a great birthday! She is a "pretty lady" :)

Jo