We spent Memorial Day weekend in Hocking Hills with Dave's family. We did this a couple of years ago, but this time around was a little different since we have added 3 new faces to the group. Sarah did most of the work planning and found us a great place to stay. Thanks Sarah! All we had to do was show up.
Actually showing up proved to be harder then we were expecting. Adrienne had a rough time on the way down, which meant we all had a rough time. She ended up cutting 2 molars over the weekend which included one night of a lot of crying and not much sleep, for anyone.
Enough about teeth. We had a great weekend! We all did some hiking. The guys headed out fishing while we took the kids to the local beach. And we all did a lot of hanging out, relaxing and enjoying being with family.
The trail we hiked was nice. Morgan LOVED it and was our little leader. That isn't surprising since our groups included 3 pregos, Grandma and Grandpa (no offense :)), and 3 dads carrying toddlers. She had the most energy by far, but we all enjoyed the hike!


The cousins had a great time playing. Dave and I both grew up having a lot of fun with our cousins and it's something we want our kids to experience too. So it's fun to see the kids getting to an age where they really have fun together. They did a pretty good job of playing and sharing without too many squabbles. There were a few times that toys were put in time-out to bring peace to the room. :)

Playing "train" brought on lots of giggles and smiles.
These two shoe obsessed girls were too cute. Grace spent a good part of the weekend "stealing" everyone's shoes. Here she was nice enough to share her shoes with Adrienne. :)Lake Logan isn't the most beautiful beach, but there was sand and water and the kids loved it!

Morgan loved the beach last summer, so I assumed that this year would be no different. She didn't let me down. She loved running through the water, digging in the sand and making mud soup.
Adrienne has always put things in her mouth more then Morgan ever did. I was nervous about going to the beach with her because I was afraid she would try to eat the sand. I try to be a relaxed mom and let the kids explore, but I'm not sure I would have been able to deal with Adrienne eating sand. Turns out my worrying was all for nothing. The few times sand did accidentally make it to her mouth she was coming to me for help. This was a nice surprise since this was only the first of several beach trips in the plans for this summer.
Both the girls really loved the water. It's wonderful to watch your kids be so happy and entertained with so little.

All the little ones like to be active, but big adventures aren't really an option. So we kept them busy with little walks around our cabin, sidewalk chalk and bubbles.

Morgan loved the beach last summer, so I assumed that this year would be no different. She didn't let me down. She loved running through the water, digging in the sand and making mud soup.
Adrienne has always put things in her mouth more then Morgan ever did. I was nervous about going to the beach with her because I was afraid she would try to eat the sand. I try to be a relaxed mom and let the kids explore, but I'm not sure I would have been able to deal with Adrienne eating sand. Turns out my worrying was all for nothing. The few times sand did accidentally make it to her mouth she was coming to me for help. This was a nice surprise since this was only the first of several beach trips in the plans for this summer.
Both the girls really loved the water. It's wonderful to watch your kids be so happy and entertained with so little.
All the little ones like to be active, but big adventures aren't really an option. So we kept them busy with little walks around our cabin, sidewalk chalk and bubbles.





No comments:
Post a Comment