Thursday, April 1, 2010

Big Day

Today was a great day!
I've been feelin' a little frazzled lately. So that is a statement I haven't made for a while.
Waking up to the sun shining and Dave telling me that it was supposed to be 75 was a nice start.
We arrived to pick up Morgan from preschool to find her walking on air. This morning they had baby chicks, ducks and bunnies outside for the kids to hold. She was also holding her Easter Basket from her teacher which contained a decent amount of candy. Right away, after telling me all about the animals, she was telling Adrienne that if she ate her lunch she could have some of her candy. What a great big sister. This actually is the norm with Morgan. She is always sharing her candy with her sister. Even though it's the norm, it never gets old. It makes my job so much easier that she is willing to include Adrienne and share her special things.
From there we headed to the doctor for Samantha's 6 month check-up. As I was putting Samantha's diaper back on after getting weighed both Morgan and Adrienne irrupted with "DADDY!" He just showed up to help me. Dave often meets me there for appointments so I don't have to go myself with the three girls. However today I hadn't even asked him to meet me because I knew he was super busy at work. What a great surprise!
After naps we headed outside to enjoy the beautiful day. After giving Morgan one big push on the swing I turned to help Adrienne. Morgan started yelling "I'm doing it Mama. I'm doing it. I'm pumping!" I'm just a little excited about this. She is seeming so old to me recently. Here is Miss Adrienne, also seeming quite old on the big swings this year.

Love this picture.
Samantha had several firsts today. She got to swing with her dad and as you can see she LOVED it. :)
Her toes were introduced to the grass.
And best of all ... she sat up ... on her own ... for more then 2 seconds! I was so excited! Of course I promptly took many pictures. :)

I was finally able to capture what happens almost daily at our house.
Tackle!
It won't be long before Samantha is getting in on the fun.
I hope you are having a great day, wherever you are.

No comments: