Sunday, August 1, 2010

On the Move

Our house was filled with happy squeals yesterday afternoon.
Morgan, Adrienne and I squealed and clapped as we realized that Samantha was crawling... really crawling! Then Samantha let out some squeals of her own as she realized we were carrying on for her. :)
I love this stuff!
I kept saying that I wanted her to wait to crawl until our house remodel was done... and she did. What a good girl.
I love the look of determination as she focuses on her goal - the little tin cup.
Of course this opens the doors wide open to a new world of exploration and discovery. The good news is that she is content on the floor because she can finally get where she wants to go. The scary news is that she can get were she wants to go!
I'm feeling a little unprepared for this new stage.
She is also discovering that it is sometimes harder to get out then it was to get in. :) She is showing a high level of tolerance for the amounts of head bumps that go along with all this discovery.

Head bumps and all, I think it's safe to say Samantha is pretty excited about her new skill!

5 comments:

Jewel said...

Yeah, how exciting!

Unknown said...

way to Go Samantha!!! keeping mommy on her toes.

beth said...

looks like she has some pretty nice new floors to crawl on! go samantha!

Sheila said...

The new floors look great. I can almost feel the noise and excitement from the pictures! I am reminded of how Alex enjoyed doing this. Looking forward to seeing some fun videos!!

Theo, Adam, and Ira said...

Yay Samantha! It's good to see you family back up to date on the blog! :)