One morning we met my aunts, cousins and their kids at the local park so the kids could play and the adults could have a chance to talk. Morgan is the youngest of the "big" kids and she was a little hesitant to play. But there were moments where she let her guard down and all in all I think she had a good time.
We were able to spend most of one day with my niece Becca. Morgan really loved playing with her. We had a good time at the Kalona pool. I had a full circle moment as Becca taught Morgan how to "walk" like a crocodile, something I had taught Becca at the same pool when Becca was Morgan's age. Crazy!
After supper that evening Morgan and Becca disappeared out side. When I went to check on them they were having a great time catching fireflies. Eventually they had a whole food chain as they also found a spider and a little toad. I thought it was great. Morgan could learn about bugs and I didn't have to be a part of it!
The next day we went to visit one of my good friends from high school Sally, and her little girl Lila. Morgan took her jar of bugs to show them and Lila loved it. We had a good time catching up and playing with the girls.
1 comment:
Great posts, Sara! This makes me excited for Iowa - we go there a week from tomorrow for a week as well! We'll stay with Mo and Dwight and have a grand ole time in Kalona. I'm really excited! We'll definitely be spending some afternoons at the Kalona Pool. Dylan won't have quite the same experience since she doesn't have a farmer grandpa - that's so awesome. But, I'm sure we'll have fun running through the wide open spaces! Too bad our time didn't overlap together...
Post a Comment