Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Rhodes family weekend

This past weekend was jam packed with Rhodes family fun! My parents, along with my oldest brother Chris, and his kids, all made the trip from Iowa to G-town. We spent the whole weekend together and I think I speak for everyone when I say that we had a really great time! Saturday our friends Sandy and Gay Lehman were kind enough to share their lake house with us. Sandy is always up for giving boat rides and we kept him busy most of the day. There was a lot of tubing and Chris, and my nephew Vince even showed off their skiing skills.





The little cousins loved watching their big cousins, Vince and Tommy, tube. Later on in the afternoon these two made it a little more interesting. They tried to knock each other off their tubes using every way a brother would think of including kicking, pulling and pushing. Typical brothers. Funny thing is that neither of them got hurt. However their sister Becca got a nice shiner from flipping off her tub and hitting Vince's leg.



After a while the little kids got a turn. Adam wasn't interested, but Morgan and Theo gave it a try with their dads. When Dave asked Morgan if she was scared or wanted to stop she replied "No Daddy, this is so much fun I can't believe it!"


After lunch I got a seat on the boat and eventually took my turn tubing with Morgan. Just for the record when asked Morgan said she liked tubing better with me then with Dave. :) It was fun being out on the boat again. It brought back memories of when we were in college and Sandy would drive around while Angie and I would soak up the sun. I guess life is a little different now.

For the last round we picked up Adrienne. She wasn't so sure about the straight jacket, but I'm all about the safety. She got used to it and as you can see she wasn't too mad to give me some of her precious smiles. Eventually the motion helped her go to sleep in my arms. By this time Morgan was loosing steam. Except for our lunch break she had been out on the boat all day. She had a blast, but she even admitted she was tired. And that doesn't happen very often.

While the little kids, and I, caught a quick nap, the older cousins and Dave entered to wonderful land of Rock Band. They had a blast and later that evening after supper the little kids played too. Morgan got really into it. She tried the drums first. With her cousins yelling out the color to hit she actually scored points! Then we came to a song she has heard her dad sing many times. Those of you who know Dave well, know that he is known for singing lyrics as they apply to what we are doing at the time. So Morgan has heard him say many a time "Hey...ho...lets go!" So when she started singing the words to the song her cousins decided to let her have the mic. Again she did really well, scoring a decent amount of points...for a 2 year old. We were cracking up.





Sunday was Dad's birthday, I won't tell you how old he is. I made him a cake and decorated it with his second true love, after Mom of course, mountains. After lunch everyone headed back to Iowa.

Here are the "big" cousins - Tommy, Becca, and Vince. Check out the shiner! It was great having them here for the weekend. They are a ton of fun. I love that they are so good with the "little" cousins. During the weekend when Morgan would go down for her naps I would always reassure her that everyone would still be here when she woke up. On Monday when she was getting ready for her nap she asked "When I wake up from my nap will someone else be here again?" I think she was missing her cousins. We had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Andrew & Carson enjoyed the clip of Morgan singing. After the third time of watching it, they were both singing along with her! I love her dance moves!