Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Adrienne - 6 months


I know I say this every month, but seriously, how is it possible that Adrienne is 6 months old already? She continues to be a super happy little girl, during the day. She smiles at everyone who takes time to talk to her. And if you stay around a little longer she will usually start cooing too. If I lay her down on her back, it takes a pretty interesting toy to keep her from rolling on to her belly almost immediately. I guess the view is better from her belly. At least she is better able to keep track of her sister, one of her favorite things to do. Today was the first day that she started sitting up straight. And as you can see, she even kept her balance long enough for me to get a picture! She is chewing on everything that comes close to her mouth. Her face lights up when we sing to her. She continues to love her nightly baths. However it's not all smiles. Nights continue to be a struggle. Lately I have been feeling like she wants to nurse all the time (day and night). I am a mom that waits until 6 months to start solid food, but the last few weeks I was starting to wonder if I should have been starting earlier. So today was the day we had been waiting for. Adrienne got to try solid food for the first time. We started out with peaches. Dave voted for peaches since that was one of Morgan's favorites. As you can see Adrienne was not amused. I tasted them and decided that they were too sour for the first food...


So I mixed up some cereal with milk and watch out. She LOVED it! She could not get enough. You can see in the picture that she was actually grabbing my hand and/or the spoon and pulling it to her mouth. It was great! She never really did act full. I just stopped once I had used all the milk.


Now this is the face of a satisfied little girl. I have always rolled my eyes when people say "oh my baby started sleeping through the night when we started giving him/her cereal" I am hoping that I get the chance to eat my words. I am trying my hardest not to get my hopes up, but at the same time I am saying please, please, please let this make a difference in our nights.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I hear ya there!

Not to give you NO hope, but to let you know you're not alone - Noah finally just slept through the night this week for the first time (and he's 18 months...). It wasn't the cereal - it was the weaning. Until I (somewhat forcefully) weaned him, he wouldn't do it! It was magic...I stopped nursing...he stopped waking up. grrrrrr