Monday, January 5, 2009

Adrienne 11 months

So I guess it is about time to pull myself out of my blogger's slump to update you all on my 11 month old cutie pie.

Her personality seems to come out more and more each day. She is very social, making friends with everyone from the people that come over to our house to the cashier at Walmart. Today as we were checking out she smiled at the cashier and then proceeded to talk to the cashier. What cracks me up is that she already knows the rules of conversation. I say that because she would make several sounds while looking at the girl and then wait for her to respond to her. Then she would do it again. She is starting to joke with us in her own sort of baby way - going back and forth with us mimicking sounds and laughing with us. It's great! She's not all sweet though. She also has a serious feisty streak. She lets out an emotion filled squeal that is most likely heard by our neighbors when I take her away from the recycling box. It's not mentioned in the baby proofing books, but I can only imagine it isn't safe to let 11 month olds play with glass bottles and empty soup cans. It's really too bad. She would be entertained for hours with that box if I would let her.

One of her favorite activities is pulling herself up to the dishwasher. If fact every time she hears me open it she turns on turbo crawl to get there as fast as she possibly can. She doesn't even have to be in the kitchen. She is able to hear that door open from amazing distances. It cracks me up!
Pulling herself up to the window isn't new, but I love this picture because you can see the hair that is growing at a rapid pace! I'm so excited. For those of you who don't know or don't remember, Morgan didn't really have hair until she was close to 18 months old. So it may not look like much, but this is a lot for my babies. :)
Adrienne has said her first word ... Mama. Today she said it as she was crawling to me in the kitchen. I was of course excited, but wasn't going to jump to calling it her first word. She continued to say it all day. When Dave came home from work I told him about it and of course he gave me the look telling me ya right, without really saying it. This evening she said it several times when he was holding her and she wanted to come to me. Then Dave said those magic words. "Are you going to count this as her first word?" I told him that I didn't know to which he responded. "Well I guess you should if she is looking at you when she says it." So I am happy to say that Adrienne's first word was Mama! :)
At eleven months Adrienne also:
bounces every time she hears music (just like her dad) :)
gives hugs
sleeps a 9-10 hrs stretch at night!!!
eats what we do
LOVES peas
is in to EVERYTHING
gives five
figured out how to climb stairs, but luckily I was right there so she only made it up 2 steps
continues to chew on and bite everything
likes to crawl through things, squealing when she gets stuck
joins in the wrestling matches between Morgan and Dave
continues to try her best to escape diaper changes
has started cruising
will stand for several seconds on her own
shakes her head "no" when she is discovered doing something she shouldn't be doing
LOVES her sister Morgan, following her everywhere and belly laughing over any little face.

We love you Adrienne!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How quickly they grow! She looks more and more like a little girl and less "baby". My girls had very little hair so I understand the joy of wisps. The dishwasher is a big favorite of Phoebe's as well. I think our girls would get along famously if I could ever make it out to Goshen (maybe this summer after we move). It is so nice to read your blog and keep updated on your life. Take Care!

Jill said...

Finally another post! I kept checking. :) Happy to hear about Miss Adrienne's new activities. I hope things are more calm at your house today!