Saturday, January 17, 2009

Christmas - part 3

Once we got back home, I think we were all looking forward to getting back into our routine. We had such a great time with all our family, but it always feels good to be home. We had no idea what the next days were going to bring.
Adrienne was sick our first night back with a high fever and the pukes. It was horrible. Dave was out with some of his college buddies when the whole thing started. I ended up calling him home. I felt bad, but needed extra hands.
I ended up sleeping on the floor in her room by her bed and waking up with her every 45 min - hour when she woke up to help her get back to sleep. She spent a lot of time in our arms the next few days. It is never fun when kids are sick. I would much rather be sick myself then have to see them feel so miserable.
When we got home from IA we had promised Morgan that we would do our Christmas the next morning. We didn't know what to do. We knew Adrienne felt horrible and didn't have any energy. We also felt bad for Morgan who was looking forward to it, and had been so good about us having to spend so much time with Adrienne.
We decided to go for it in between Adrienne's catnaps. We were so glad we did. She really liked the things that we got her. She smiled more in that half hour then she did for the next couple of days.
I made a photo book for Morgan about all the people who love her. I couldn't wait to give it to her! She loves it and asks to read it several times a day.
And of course the teddy bear. This was last minute. Grandma Chupp took Morgan to see Santa and all she asked for was a little teddy bear. Grandma thought that as much as Morgan talked about this I should probably get one. So I did.

That brings us to the end of our Christmas adventure.

No comments: