Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sink full of snow

For various reasons we have been stuck inside for way too long. Except for going to the doctor on Monday, the girls haven't left the house for 11 days. That is too long! We could all use some fresh air. Dave took a couple of days off and has been home with us which helps. Nothing like a good man to balance out the strong wills of the women in this house. :)
So I was trying to catch up on the blogs I love to read, when I saw a great idea. Hillary always seems to be doing great activities with her kids. Today I decided to try one of her ideas ... it was a hit! Snow in the kitchen sink isn't quite the same as Morgan being able to go stomping through the snow, but it was fun.



After we made a fort, "baked" several snow cakes, and made some snowballs, we decided to make a snowman.

It shouldn't surprise you that Morgan kissed the snowman. She kisses everything. If you remember, she even kissed the caterpillar she found in the park this summer. Yuck.
Thanks Hillary! This was a great idea.

You should try it.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Woohoo! I love that you tried this too! I'm glad Morgan had such a blast - I definitely will take your snowman idea - didn't even think of that. And my kids are obsessed with snowmen...now we have to do it again soon!