I was itching to get flowers planted so yesterday we took a trip to Lowe's. We were quite the group - 2 carts - 2 kids and not much room. Morgan was getting a bit worried as her space became smaller and smaller. We were able to get an answer from her about the color of flower she wanted. However when I would pick up a flower pot she kept saying "No - not that one - it's all dirty." So today after playing at the park we had a little time before lunch so Mom and Morgan planted some of the flowers. Morgan did a really good job putting the dirt in the basket. You can see she was extra prepared with a shovel in each hand. Mom also did a good job of being patient. I'm glad she was because Morgan loved it.
After the planting was done Morgan took a break to play in the water that had leaked out of the hose. When they gave the flowers their post planting drink, Morgan wanted to play in that water to for a bit before helping Mom with her own watering can. I have been really laid back this summer about just letting her have fun getting wet and dirty. I figure I would rather let her play and have fun even if it means changing clothes more the usual. But I hate the dirt under the nails! I try my hardest to scrub, but the toes seem impossible to get totally clean. So if you see Morgan's feet and are wondering...I am trying. :)

1 comment:
I totally understand the desire to not even have them "go there" and get all messy and dirty - it's just so much easier to say, "don't jump in that puddle!" than to just let them do it. I also have been really trying to let some of that go - it's much more my problem than theirs, so why not enjoy the years when you want to jump in puddles, right? Love your posts - I always relate so much!
Post a Comment