Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Smiles all around

Today has been a wonderful day and it's only 3:oo. We haven't even gone to swim class yet! We invited some friends over today to play. Since we all have 2 kids now, we create quite the crowd. It's always a good time and today was no different.

We don't have any pictures of the moms. I guess the kids are just cuter. But for those of you who don't know I met Shelly and Lindsay at the mom's group through Goshen Hospital when our oldest kids were babies. Lindsay has Addie who turns 2 on Monday and Reese who is 6 wks old. Shelly has James who is 2 and Lauren who is 5 months old. So here we are 2 yrs later getting the biggest kick out of our kids who love playing together. When I went to group for the first time I had no idea I would walk away with the friendships that I did. Life is great!

The oldest kids had a great time running around in the yard playing with dirt, chalk and each other. There were a few tears shed, but that is to be expected. There is nothing more fun on a warm day then water. They had fun with the watering can again and again poor Abbey was watered. After a while Morgan asked for the sprinkler. Why not? They were already plenty wet from watering the chairs, chalk, Abbey and each other.

The sprinkler was a big hit. At one point I asked Morgan if the water was cold. She looked at me and said "Yes - you have to turn on the hot." James had to leave early so he missed out on the sprinkler. We will have to pull it out earlier next time.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I love that our kiddos play so nicely together! James would be disappointed that he missed the sprinkler...there's always next time.