Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Picnic time ... no dogs allowed

My mom is in town for a few days while Dave is in Florida celebrating being 30 with his college buddies. I am a bit jealous, but he deserves the break. We welcomed Grandma Rhodes to Goshen with a beautiful sunshiny day. So beautiful that I decided we should have a picnic. Of course Morgan loved that idea. Abbey wasn't allowed at our picnic - no dogs allowed! Mostly because she kept going in the neighbor's yard (her new favorite way of annoying me) and I was tired of her.


Adrienne decided she needed a little nap. It was a difficult process, but I did manage to convince mom to hold Adrienne while she slept.


I was pretty impressed with myself for rigging up some shade for Adrienne once she decided to join the party. All in all it was a great picnic! This was Morgan's 1st picnic. Does that make me a bad mom? She had a lot of fun with it though and I know there will be many more to come. It's nice to change things up every once in a while. Somehow eating under the warm sun, with a nice breeze makes your regular turkey sandwich just a bit more tasty.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: